Emily Van Heukelom, DDS
Center for Oral Surgery & Dental Implants – Grand Rapids & Rockford MI
Meet Dr. Van Heukelom
Dr. Van Heukelom practices general oral and maxillofacial surgery, with interests in dentoalveolar/dental implant surgery, anesthesia, and hospital based-procedures. She is a graduate of the University of Iowa College of Dentistry which was followed with a hospital-based General Practice Residency at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Dr. Van Heukelom completed her residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Boston University Medical Center where she first worked with Dr. Jesin. Dr. Van Heukelom began her professional career in private practice in New Hampshire in 2009 before relocating with her husband to Grand Rapids in 2015. They have two children.
Dr Van Heukelom is appointed to the Active Staff in the Department of Dentistry/Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Spectrum Health.
Professional Societies & Associations
- Diplomat, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon (ABOMS)
- Diplomat, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology (NBDA)
- Member, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (AAOMS)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member, Michigan Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA)
- Former Co-chairwoman, New Hampshire Anesthesia & Sedation Evaluation Committee
- Former State Chair, New Hampshire OMS-Political Action Committee
- Former Member, New Hampshire Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Invited lectures, presentations, and professional involvement. Dr Van Heukelom is also active in education, giving lectures to diverse audiences including oral surgeons, dentist anesthesiologists, local dental societies, and resident physicians with Department of Internal Medicine with Michigan State University. She serves on the Committee on Research and Assay Awards for the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology and is also a reviewer for the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.